Be part of the iLabs Family
Sunway iLabs is looking for passionate individuals to join our team.
An inspirational and fun working environment with an innovation-driven team, you will love it here.
Sunway FutureX – Smart Farm Agronomist
As part of Sunway Group’s mission to address food security challenges in urban areas, Sunway Innovation Labs (iLabs) launched Sunway FutureX Farm, a new venture building initiative. Located in the heart of Sunway City Kuala Lumpur, the 50,000-square feet urban farming innovation hub is the first-of-its-kind that brings together urban farming professionals, tech companies, researchers and young talents to create transformative solutions focusing on food and agritech.
Sunway FutureX consists of three pillars: FutureX Farm, FutureX Talent and FutureX Campus. Under the FutureX Farm, we operate both indoor and outdoor smart farms which are built around four main key objectives – Nourish, Educate, Empower and Innovate.
We are looking for a smart farm agronomist who will be part of the Sunway FutureX Farm core team and will be in-charge of overseeing operations of hydroponics smart farming system. If innovations in food and agritech excites you then don’t wait and apply now!
- Take charge of smart farms’ maintenance, plant inventory management, production quality and yields.
- Ensure all hydroponics farm systems follow and adhere to food safety requirements, SOPs, good safety standards and meet all requirements of MyGap Certification.
- Conduct R&D and consistently source for new plant varieties that are suitable to grow in all farms including the development of planting schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Constantly stay-up-to-date about new vertical farming technologies and innovations
- Conduct basic to advanced workshops related to urban farming (mainly on hydroponics and aquaponics) for the community and assist as a course facilitator for short courses
- Consult customers who are keen to grow their own food at home including setting up a basic hydroponics/aquaponics kit, seeds selections and any issue they face throughout their growing journey.
- Collaborate with tech team to share agriculture expertise and develop agrifood AI software.
- Analyse farm data and propose effective solutions for cost efficiencies, plant health management and pest management.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with commercial hydroponics systems
- An education background in agronomy, agriculture or related field is desired
- Able to commute to the farms and work flexible hours when needed
- Self-motivated problem solver who can work with minimal supervision while contributing in a team environment
- Attentive to detail, enjoy learning new things and thinks innovatively
- Strategic thinker with leadership, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity in smart farm management software and IoT is desired
If this role interest you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write and test computer applications and software codes
- Collaborate with industry partner to code the program designs
- Implement and test the codes
- Create required document for end-users
- Student who has completed at least 2 years of computing degree
- Detail orientated
- Likes solving problems
Internship period : 15 February – 7 May
If this role interest you, please send your resume to email@example.com
We are looking for an Urban Farm Data Consultant to provide specialist advise on the design and development of an integrated smart farming data management platform which connects all our farm to fork activities. With knowledge of the key drivers of successful urban farming businesses, technical capabilities and SAAS solutions, the consultant is able to deliver a complete farm data management framework and propose the best infrastructure required to integrate and sync data collected from our farm management system and customer eCommerce solution platforms.
The consultant will provide both technical and commercial advice and information related to urban farming data management which will also involve breaking down complex assumptions and proposing the necessary data and recommendations. Data will be collected from the farms using a range of sensors and NDVI cameras which monitors key parameters and provide accurate yield projections for efficient farm management.
The consultant will also consult on the build of a data and analytics infrastructure model which will be able to predict customer demand and buying behaviour, with the goal to minimise farm wastage and reduce operations cost. The system should intelligently interpret results of analysis, identifying trends and issues, providing recommendation for alternatives to support business objectives. The farm ROI data analysis build models should be designed for scale across multiple farm locations and systems. Each farm is unique, and because of that, have their own set of strengths and weaknesses which the system would need to be agile enough to support.
You will be partnering with an experienced startup minded team and working directly with the Head of Sunway FutureX Farm and Sunway Group’s Chief Innovation Officer. The best of both worlds – you will be part of a successful conglomerate , while enjoying the perks and adrenalin of being in a startup environment. In addition, you will gain invaluable experience to be in the midst of one of the most complete startup ecosystems in South East Asia.
Key project tasks include:
- Design and develop farm data management platform with integration from FutureX Farm’s management platform and eCommerce solutions
- Design and develop data analysis service offerings to improve farm yield, including input/output, workflow, external analysis models, and milestone deliverables
- Create data and analytics infrastructure model to improve farm ROI by analysing real-time customer insights and feeding relevant information back to the farm
- Advising on specific need for AI/ML in the tech infrastructure and cloud management system
- Advise on compliance with current data regulations around urban farming and food production
- Identify and guide a team of software engineers and data scientists who will be able to produce dashboards, reports, data analysis and data science models.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to determine the appropriate analysis parameters, performance measures and decision tools to be applied.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A proven track record for leading tech teams, managing complex analytical projects and delivery of data driven solutions.
- Experience working with enterprise clients developing advanced data strategies, data analysis and complex measurement projects to improve business efficiency and profitability.
- Experience working in agriculture field and knowledge on commercial farm operations and management in some capacity would be an added advantage
- Possess analytical, problem-solving and consultative skills, an individual which is outcomes driven, with an excellent ability to distill complex questions into meaningful data-driven recommendations
- Passionate for entrepreneurship and innovations in agrifoodtech
Sunway FutureX, an innovation hub measuring 50,000 sqft, will be launched as a venture building and innovation hub with a focus on agrifoodtech. This is in line with Sunway City Kuala Lumpur’s vision to be a living laboratory where ideas are generated to address the challenges facing humanity. At SunwayFutureX Farm, we operate 4 farms utilising different farming technologies – an indoor vertical farm, outdoor hydroponics greenhouse and two aquaponics farms. Our farms are built to address four key objectives – Nourish, Educate, Empower and Innovate.